Eat & Drink
Breakfast at Arden House
It’s long been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. At Arden House we couldn’t agree more and we think that breakfast is even better when somebody else makes it for you. That’s why we want you to wake after a great night’s sleep and join us in our warm and welcoming dining room where you will find your table set and ready for you to tuck into your breakfast of choice. Breakfast is served between 8.00am and 9.00am but if you’re an early bird and need to be up and away before 8.00am, just let us know and we can prepare a breakfast to go.
We offer a selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit juice and fresh fruit with plenty of toast, tea and coffee. We have a choice of full Highland and full Highland veggie mains. There is also a great selection of vegan options to choose from.
Full Highland Breakfast
Sausages (square or link)
Eggs (fried, scrambled or poached)
Highland Veggie Breakfast
Meat free sausages
Eggs (fried, scrambled or poached)
If you fancy something a little different, then you can choose your cooked breakfast from our selection of specials.
- Scotland’s signature breakfast; a hearty bowl of creamy porridge that will 'stick to yer ribs’ and set you up for the day. You can have it ‘as it comes’ or topped with brown sugar, a dollop of jam or a drizzle of honey and we can prepare it with soya, oat or almond milk if you prefer.
- An appetising plate of buttery scrambled eggs with delicious Scottish smoked salmon served on toast. For veggies, you can have this delicious choice with mushrooms instead of salmon.
- Delicious Scottish smoked salmon with cream cheese served on a toasted bagel.
- Continental breakfast (ham, cheese, boiled egg, tomato served with warm croissants).
- Pancakes served with seasonal fresh fruit, natural yoghurt and honey/maple syrup or with bacon and maple syrup.
We understand that you might not know what you want to eat the day before you eat it but as our breakfasts are prepared fresh to order, we would be grateful if you could let us know the night before. There is a breakfast menu in each room that you can complete and leave on the table in the hall outside the dining room. But if you’re not in a hurry and can’t make up your mind until morning, then that’s okay.
Be sure to tell us about any dietary requirements or food allergies that you have before your stay to ensure that we can meet your needs.
Eating in at Arden House
While there are many great places to eat in and around Kingussie, we appreciate that you might just want to stay put. We offer warm and comforting homemade soup and sandwiches at £10 per person, which includes tea or coffee. Soup and sandwiches need to be ordered in advance or on the morning of your stay and are available between 6pm and 8pm.
You’re also welcome to bring your own food or a takeaway and we can provide you with plates and cutlery, although we do ask that you don’t eat in the rooms and enjoy the food you bring in the dining room.
Lunch On The Go
It might be a challenge to find a place to eat half way up a mountain or in the middle of a forest walk. So, if you’re planning a day out and about, why not pre-order a tasty and filling packed lunch to save you the hassle of stopping off en-route or having to find a place to eat. Packed lunches are £10 per person and we ask that you pre-book at least a day in advance or when you book. Our packed lunches include:
- Filled sandwich on brown or white bread or a filled roll
- Chocolate biscuit / or cake
- Fruit (apple, banana or an orange)
- Carton fruit juice / or water (we ask if you want water that you bring your own bottle and we will fill it for you to help us reduce the use of plastics)
If you bring a thermos flask, we will provide you with hot tea or coffee for your packed lunch at no extra charge.
Fancy a Tipple?
At Arden House, we are licenced to sell alcohol to guests and offer a selection of local and popular Scotch whiskies, gins, ales and wines. You can sample the whiskey that your room is named after or try some locally made gin or ale. Of an evening, we turn the dining room into a cozy snug area where you are welcome to relax and enjoy the tipple of your choice or, weather permitting, sit outside in our comfortable outside area and watch the world drift by.